Thursday, May 31, 2007

Old Ideas Crumble


The Tenach and the feasts of Israel are so essential to our faith and plainly teach about Yeshua. Unfortunately, many Jewish friends have missed the fulfillment of our customs and traditions by our Messiah Yeshua.


Friends, let me tell you some things about the way of Yeshua that I have learned recently.


1. Christians do NOT believe that there are three Gods, "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit." These are simply persons of ONE GOD, of our GOD.



2. Believing in Yeshua does not make one a Meshummed, rather, one is STILL a Jew; now one simply walks the Way of Life.



3. OUR God has promised us a NEW COVENANT: Jeremiah 31:31-34.



4. Just being born into our lineage has not made us pure.

"Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, And in sin my mother conceived me." -- Psalm 51:5
"...For in Thy sight no man living is righteous." -- Psalm 143:2
"But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God..." -- Isaiah 59:2
"...The soul who sins will die" -- Ezekiel 18:4
"...for there is no man who does not sin... -- 1Kings 8:46



5. Zechariah 12:10, "And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and the will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born."

Of whom does Zechariah speak?

How did He become pierced?

It speaks of the Messiah, Yeshua, Who was pierced nearly 2000 years ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually was not aware of the Jeremiah passage I mean I have read it before but not thinking about it like that

Pontius Pilate said...

Wow, Ember! I had no idea that Jews thought Christians believed in three Gods.
I suppose the Trinity could be construed as that, and I know there are people who believe that way, however no Christian I know does.
So what do Jews believe about God? In how many persons do they see him as existing?